About Bridge the Gap
Are you interested in overseeing a performance successfully being put on stage? Are you highly organised? Are you the collaborative coordinator on a creative process? Are you doing exactly what a theatre producer does, without realising?
Stage One have created Bridge the Gap to make sure that more people can build on the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in commercial theatre producing.
Bridge the Gap is Stage One’s new initiative that has been developed in order to specifically cater to those that we have identified are under-represented on Stage One’s current programmes.
Stage One aims to build a long term relationship with emerging producers, expand their networks and support them in the next stage of their producing careers through a range of training opportunities.
Bridge the Gap will offer:
- A free place on our renowned three day New Producers Workshop in either May or October (worth £425) which will equip our group with the skills to bring their producing concepts to reality on the West End.
- Tailored masterclasses focusing on career progression and development, which will be specifically adapted to the needs of our participants.
- Regular group tickets and access to theatre shows and press nights from Stage One alumni and by members of our council.
- Placement on a year-long mentorship scheme. Over the course of the year, participants will be partnered with a mentor that we believe will be able to support, develop and cater to their commercial producing needs.
- Monthly group meetings with Stage One staff and community who will check in and offer space to help with their development, offering employment and industry support.
Bridge The Gap is not just the one year-long programme for selected producers. The scheme also offers other opportunities and events encouraging aspiring producers to learn more about the commercial industry. If you would like to be updated on these events please email Siobhan on [email protected] to be added to a mailing list.
Update (August 2020):
In order for the producers partaking in the scheme in 2019/20 to gain a full year of workshops and training, the 2019/20 scheme will extend to Spring 2021. Therefore we will not be opening applications for the next round of producers until next year. If you are interested in knowing more about Bridge The Gap's producer programme and other entry level training that Stage One offers, pleae email Siobhan ([email protected]) to be added to a mailing list.